PDA

View Full Version : ubuntu 17.10 flash player plugin problem

thetaocat
October 26th, 2017, 02:31 AM
I upgraded from 17.4 to 17.10; having difficulty with flashplayer plugin. I can't get games, movies, etc. I have installed flash plugin and updated and still nothing, I have tried to install flash player from Adobe and via terminal, still it won't work.
I had the same problem with 17.4, but only on a few games.

mlan
October 26th, 2017, 06:24 AM
adobe-flashplugin from the partner repo partially works. But it seems quite unstable and does crash on some occasions. Especially on heavy flash sites.

mörgæs
October 26th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Hi, welcome to the fora.

An upgrade can wreck a well-running system. It's not necessarily a fault in the plugin.

If you have a 64 bit operative system you can get Flash directly by installing Chrome.

mlan
October 30th, 2017, 02:30 PM
Flash in chrome works without a problem. Firefox on the other hand don't seem to play well with the flashplugin on 17.10.
Maybe just remove the whole flash thing. Not many sites require it nowadays anyway.

mitsuhiko-yamada
December 28th, 2017, 01:59 AM
This worked well for obtaining and installing the latest flash on my Ubuntu 17.10. I'm not sure this works well on environments of yours though,
https://websiteforstudents.com/installing-the-latest-flash-player-on-ubuntu-17-10/