PDA

View Full Version : Have you been able to get Fast User Switch to work in 17.10?

rlees
October 24th, 2017, 02:19 AM
I've been able to enable Gnome Shell Extensions and install some - mostly I want to get Fast User Switch to work to replicate the function in Unity.
I have a home PC and am not worried about passwords so in 17.04 I could select the gear menu in the top left, select the user to switch to, and voila.
In Gnome in 17.10 it is quite a few more clicks AND you still need to type in passwords.

Fast User Switch extension promises to do what I want, but it doesn't work. There is a "Switch User" item that brings me to the Gnome login screen that works so I know something is working. But if there is another user logged in then it lists the user, but when I click on it nothing happens - no switch to login, no switch to user, it just seems to ignore.

Anyone get this working?

I should point out that I am aware that Ctrl-Alt-Fx switches - but my wife and kids don't want to do that. I could probably convince them if the Fx key for them was consistently the same but it depends on who logs in 1st after a reboot.

If anyone knows the command that I could map to a key to switch users (without passwords) then that would be awesome, too.