PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 17.04 Software Updater Doesn't Launch

7-webmaster
September 2nd, 2017, 09:19 PM
Running 17.04 with kernel 4.10.9-32

The Software Updater does not launch when updates are available. The icon has turned green to indicate that updates are available.

When I click on the icon in the Unity Launcher nothing happens.

I have to reboot before I can launch the Software Updater. I get a "system problem" popup but that is for cupsd, which should be irrelevant.

What information should I collect to diagnose this problem?

7-webmaster
October 10th, 2017, 08:33 PM
I would really like a solution to this problem which I posted about over a month ago. The Software Updates still does not open despite applying all fixes over the past month. I am not asking or a fix, I need to know what information to collect to figure out WHY the Software Updater is not opening when I click on it.

7-webmaster
November 11th, 2017, 10:23 PM
After over two months I still do not have a resolution of this problem. The button in the launcher changes color to indicate that fixes are available but clicking on the button does nothing. I have discovered that the system "thinks" that the window is open, even though it is not, so I have to "close" the window before the button works. But that is slow because reopening the applications requires that it search for available updates.

Is this problem fixed in 17.10?

westie457
November 11th, 2017, 10:37 PM
Hi, at the next 'system error' pop-up click on show details. This should give some idea of what is wrong. I personally would be surprised if the only problem is with cupsd.
You may have other system errors that will show after fixing the cupsd error.