PDA

View Full Version : Laptop with closed lid attached to external display

gocarlos
September 2nd, 2017, 08:18 PM
Hi there,

I have ubuntu gnome 17.04 installed on a fujitsu h760 installed.
The setup consists on the laptop attached to a port replicator, on this port replicator are two screens attached. The setup is used as a desktop environment, so the lid of the laptop is closed normally.

It works almost perfectly, the only problem is that when booting, all three displays are used, and the display of the laptop is used as the main display.
That means that I dont see anything when typing the password or I open the lid of the laptop.

i wanted to know if there a solution for this problem, can one set the main display in GDM or is there another method so solve the problem?

Other that that, there is also the problem that after suspend, all three displays are mirrored instead of using the two external displays in a expanded setup.

Is any one also having those issues?

lammert-nijhof
September 4th, 2017, 12:09 AM
For Ubuntu 16.04 and 17.10 (Ubuntu/Gnome Beta) You can select the launcher placement display in the settings program in the display tab. There is also an on/off button for each display. I only have one display now so it is grayed out for me. For Gnome 17.04 it might be different.