PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Gray area in drive c: properties

macstl
August 31st, 2017, 02:32 AM
When I rt click on "computer" and select properties I get 3 pie slices , used, unused and a grey area. The grey area is about 5 gb of a 77 gb ssd. Is this fragmented area?
System does not boot up as fast as it used to. Im running ubuntu 16.04 on sl400 Thinkpad .
Thanks

mörgæs
August 31st, 2017, 05:51 AM
Could you post a picture, please?

deadflowr
August 31st, 2017, 06:03 AM
This give you the answer:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/573211/what-does-the-grey-slice-in-disk-usage-represent

Basically it's reserved space.
(designed to actually prevent fragmentation)

macstl
August 31st, 2017, 02:55 PM
Morgaes: I can print screen to clipboard and paste to document . How can I paste to reply? or attach document?

deadflowr
August 31st, 2017, 04:48 PM
Morgaes: I can print screen to clipboard and paste to document . How can I paste to reply? or attach document?

Don't clipboard the image, save it.
It'll save in your Pictures folder using a name like Screenshot-date-and-time.png. (date and time will be when you took the screenshot)
Then open a new post using either the Reply to Thread button or the Go Advanced Button (do not use the quick reply area)
Then in the toolbar click on the paperclip icon , then upload the image (add file >> choose file >> upload file >> click done in the bottom right corner > profit.)

macstl
August 31st, 2017, 08:39 PM
Im going into files drawer and rt click computer then select properties and it shows the pie with contents being loaded for a long time, no rt click action available for save pie picture.

deadflowr
September 1st, 2017, 03:45 AM
Im going into files drawer and rt click computer then select properties and it shows the pie with contents being loaded for a long time, no rt click action available for save pie picture.

Pressing the alt +prntscrn buttons will take a screenshot of the window.
Or press super button ( < the keyboard button that usually looks like the Microsoft/Windows Icon) and type screenshot and open the screenshot program, then take an image of the window from there.

Though this seems like it would all be moot, since I gave you what should be the answer in post #3.