PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Budgie at start shows only blank screen

radomir.lilic
August 28th, 2017, 11:36 PM
Hello there,

I am absolute novice in terms of using Linux OS but in the last month I went through many different distros to choose right distro for myself on the long run.
Tried regular Ubuntu, Mint Cinnamon, Zorin, CentOS and many more but finally settled on Ubuntu Budgie for its simplicity and beauty.

But this brought a problem with it... After installation went through fine and all of hardware I use is supported after restarting the system it just sat there with grey screen. I shutdown pc (kill switch) and after restarting again it come back with some text only login where I logged in and it was fine but after restart the same thing. As I was watching the light for hard drive and I knew that it was "encryption" enabled when system was installed I thought that it just might hang there and waits for the password. I typed in and here we go start to boot. All was fine afterwords but since then nothing changed and it is always the same at the boot, just blank grey screen. Any help or how to resolve this?

I use the Lenovo ThinkCentre M72e SFF computer with 16GB of RAM and TP-Link TL-WN881ND wifi card, everything else is stock (integrated GPU). I never had this problem when on regular Ubuntu or Mint or any of the others Ubuntu flavours (tried most of them) with the same hardware.

Thank you all in advance for all of your responses and hope that this can be resolved!