PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Troubles at install Ubuntu 16.04 with Drive Cache

chodar
August 23rd, 2017, 05:05 PM
Hi,

I need some help with the installation of Ubuntu. A couple a days ago I receive an old Dell Presicion T7500 server which results very good for my work. Unfortunatelly it come with only a 100Gb SATA SDD drive, but enought to test the machine, planning buy some SATA drives to mount a raid.
Anyway, I have a LiveUSB with Ubuntu 16.04, succesfully used in my laptop and another desktop in my home, but when try to install on the server, I have the following message:

So, reading some forums, I see several solutions from change the usb stick to a different slot (which I did), use another version of ubuntu (same result with 14.04), use etcher instead unetbootin to burn the img (also same result). I try to test the live stick also, without the SDD drive and also same result (which correspond to the image indeed), which lead me to suspect of some bios configuration. I have used and installed several times different Ubuntu distros, in PCs and servers, but never have this issue/problem/bug. Any idea or help is welcome!
Christian.

gordintoronto
August 23rd, 2017, 11:48 PM
Your image is unreadable. What is the error message?

How much memory in this 7-year-old computer?

chodar
August 24th, 2017, 02:39 PM
Hi,
No error message. The info in the picure and then hang. About the memory question, 12Gb.