PDA

View Full Version : Installation of Opera Browser

k-bosike
August 14th, 2017, 08:16 AM
Dear Volk´s

juts tried to install Opera Browser on my Unbuntu Gnome over the weekend - it I was not able to install it.

The Software Installation Mechanism starts and there was a buttom for push to start the installation but it does not work.

Can anybody help a Newbie.

thx in advance

Autodave
August 14th, 2017, 11:54 AM
First, make sue you downloaded the proper package: it should have a .deb extension. Next, install gdebi package. Use gdebi to then install Opera.

Gdebi is available in the software center. Or, in a terminal:
sudo apt-get install gdebi

k-bosike
August 14th, 2017, 05:05 PM
I have to say 10000000 thx for you help.

:p

But honestly, why I have to install an additional software to be able to install a software ..... this is why normal users die and do not accept Linux. Not all of us are Nerdś and able to solve such challenges.
I have here MacOs and Windows 7 + 10 Pcś and no prob to handle them.

Make Linux a easy peacy system :-))))) for simple people just wanted to change.

Thx aagin for your excellent and collegual support.

Have a nice day
kbo

vocx
August 14th, 2017, 05:37 PM
I have to say 10000000 thx for you help.

:p

But honestly, why I have to install an additional software to be able to install a software ..... this is why normal users die and do not accept Linux. Not all of us are Nerdś and able to solve such challenges.
I have here MacOs and Windows 7 + 10 Pcś and no prob to handle them.

Make Linux a easy peacy system :-))))) for simple people just wanted to change.

Thx aagin for your excellent and collegual support.

Have a nice day
kbo
LOL. I'm sorry, but Linux is not, and will never be Windows. If you intend to use Linux, you have to learn about this system. You should not expect everything to be the same as in Windows, that is a ludicrous idea. You "wanted to change" but at the same time you want it to be the same. Do you see how this is a paradox?

Autodave
August 14th, 2017, 05:53 PM
This is what makes Linux soooooooo much more secure than Windows and even Mac. The gdebi program will install any .deb package AND install any dependencies you may need for that program.