PDA

View Full Version : Any way of getting flash working in xubuntu 10.04?

v47
August 9th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Before I go ahead with all this (https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2368231), is there a way of getting flash/youtube working in xubuntu 10.04? while old, 10.04 does fit onto the tiny 2Gb target drive, Firefox works well enough, so as long as it's possible to get flash loaded things should be good to go.

Tried to install via sw center and terminal, but both failed - the repositories seem to be gone and I'm not aware of any other way of loading flash.

Autodave
August 9th, 2017, 11:03 PM
Even if you could get a newer version of Flash, I really doubt that it would work on that old version of Linux. Perhaps it is time to get an 8 gig USB: should be way less than $10 US.

v47
August 10th, 2017, 08:05 AM
yes, but that would be the easy thing to do, and if I wanted easy, I wouldn't be here in the first place. anyway, what I was trying to say is that some version of flash that was installable on 10.04 must have existed at some point - is it possible to get it somewhere and load it?

sudodus
August 10th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Please forget about Ubuntu and Ubuntu family versions, that have passed end of life. Xubuntu 10.04 lacks support since several years, and it is vulnerable to several kinds of attacks via the internet. It is also very difficult to install program packages.

v47
August 10th, 2017, 11:14 AM
ok.

mastablasta
August 11th, 2017, 07:15 AM
Instead try:

Tiny core
Slitaz
Puppy Linux
DSL

maybe also AntiX (Mepis/debian based) and Bodhi (Ubuntu based) if you had a slightly larger drive