PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Screen Blank after 10 mins

msknight
August 6th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Ubuntu 17.04 - Mate 1.18.0 installed over the top - so thiat isn't Ubuntu-Mate as such.

Every ten minutes, the screen blanks. - This is a minor pain for me, as I'm working on digitising my vinyl collection. Fortunately, it's just an annoyance.

I've altered the settings in Unity and in Mate, before then uninstalling all the screen savers and power managers I can find, but still it goes off after 10 minutes.

It looks like "xscreensaver" isn't installed. The xset command seems to work, but I added it to the start up and that doesn't seem to work (my next attempt will be to delay execution)

Any ideas please? I'd like to get this solved permanently without having to resort to start up scripts.

RobGoss
August 6th, 2017, 10:39 PM
Hello and welcome, I'm running 16.04, I'm not sure how 17.04 settings are but do you have the Brightness & Lock settings? it allows you to dim the system for a certain length of time. You can also turn it off as well if desired

1fallen
August 6th, 2017, 10:59 PM
Under Menu System down to Control Panel>>>Screensaver..Click That Now see if screensaver is ticked and untick if it is>>>Then in that same window at the Bottom you see Power management..Click that and set put display to sleep when inactive to Never.
Done.