PDA

View Full Version : TapTap Pain

rosswmcgee
July 30th, 2017, 04:58 PM
My first smartphone was a Blackberry Torch, my second was a samsung S3, my third was a samsung S6. The S6 is truly a remarkable phone no doubt. So I used it a lot, so much
that the constant tapping on the screen to open apps and read and text and email, caused me to get severe pain in my wrist and right arm. What to do? I bought a wrist brace, two
different ones. I began wearing a cut off sock on my right wrist to apply gentle pressure. My pain kept getting worse, so I took a risk and went retro, and purchased a BlackBerry Classic
which uses BB 10.3 OS. Within one day my pain began to ease, and after five days, not wearing sock or using wrist brace. I am enjoying the Blackberry Hub, the keyboard and other
small innovations, that Blackberry uses to simply operation.

mastablasta
August 1st, 2017, 07:52 AM
why do you need to tap? as i understand one can glide or use prediction. you can also listen to or give voice commands to the phone.

i find it bizzare people sitting alone in their car have the need ot text over the phone. why? if you can just dictate the message?

rosswmcgee
August 2nd, 2017, 02:22 AM
I ordered a stylus for the S6 which may help. However the Blackberry Classic is really growing on me. The telephone call sound is way superior to the S6.

Thanks for your comment.

rosswmcgee
August 7th, 2017, 03:10 AM
OK by now I have learned more about my Blackberry Classic and continued to be very pleased. It is so different from holding the slabs. Oh I know I am in the minority who does not need a
smart phone to take up most of my day, with games, videos, FB, and tweets,etc...... Love the Hub, love the keyboard and solid feeling, and all this for 119$.. Its truly a value.

rosswmcgee
August 22nd, 2017, 09:25 PM
https://us.blackberry.com/smartphones/blackberry-classic/overview

I have been using it about a month now and 90% of the wrist pain is gone. Aside from that i love the Blackberry system its a real workhorse for every day use for people
who do normal day to day things like text,email,phone calls. It has simplified my life in other ways because of the Blackberry Hub. The Hub handles
all the texts emails and phone calls in one place, so I do not need to go to my computer for emails as I have several addresses it saves time.
Answering the phone is just one click no need to open a screen, and the call quality is much much better. I can read my Kindle on it as well.
I like learning new systems and the Blackberry Classic is still Blackberry not Android, although the new BB's are android. I make fewer typo's
as the keyboard it really nice. Controls are all in one button so I can easily set the phone to Normal which notifies me with sound and phone calls or
silent which is phone calls only, then a light flashes that I have communication, or DO NOT DISTURB when I go to bed. At night it has two different
clocks on that is hidden, or if you wish you can use the night clock which you can glance at if you are wondering what time it is.

Ross