PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu switching back to Gnome as the default desktop

Skaperen
July 23rd, 2017, 04:59 AM
how easy is it to switch user on the desktop with Gnome? it's rather easy with Unity now in my 16.04 system. i usually have 12 users logged in a switch around among them for better isolation. one user is dedicated to viewing videos on youtube. one each is dedicated for my 3 AWS accounts. one is dedicated to linkedin (they often try to get info about my email contactcs). one is dedicated to slashot. a few do separate email and development.

i want to keep all this going when i switch to Gnome. if i can create a button for each user that switches to that user when clicked, that would be even better.

does anyone know this kind of stuff about Gnome?

sudodus
July 23rd, 2017, 07:06 PM
Download the daily iso file of Artful Aardvark (to be released as 17.10), make a test installation and try it out,

Ubuntu Desktop amd64 testcases in Artful Daily (http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/376/builds/152917/testcases)

I have not counted clicks to compare, but the Ubuntu implementation of the Gnome desktop does not look too different from Unity. You find the logout/switch-user stuff in the top right corner. Select the line with the current user id ...