PDA

View Full Version : Macro/SendKey

bluntu
August 15th, 2006, 07:03 AM
AutoHotkey is an awsome and well known app for Windows that can do a lot of tasks however there isn't one for LINUX.

What I would like to do is this:
When I press a key (F1 for example) while using FireFox it will sends a "Right-Click".

Which is the same as right-clicking on FireFox. After the right-click via (F1) I want it to send key "a" and then "enter"

Is there a program out there that allows me to accomplish this task?

red_Marvin
August 15th, 2006, 09:21 AM
If it's just select all you need you can press Ctrl+a

bluntu
August 15th, 2006, 01:37 PM
What I would like to do is save an image that is under my cursor.

Send Right-Click
Send v
Send Enter

This way I can just move my mouse over an iamge that I would like to save and press a single key. With this I can gather 100 images in 100 seconds (or less).

skeeterbug
August 16th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Why don't you save the webpage then? It will save all the images too.

bluntu
August 16th, 2006, 10:08 PM
I'm a photographer and I collect a lot of images. There are a lot of sites out there that use services like imageshack to host their images.

Imagine a page with 100 thumbnails. A 100 clicks would open a hundred tabs and because of this I came up with an idea of "F1" to save the image under the cursor. Right after that it automatically closes the Tab and I just repeat "F1". This technique is VERY useful and I know because I have been using it on Windows for MONTHS.

See an image that you like? Just move the mouse over it and press F1.

yaaarrrgg
August 16th, 2006, 10:35 PM
You might have luck with the Firefox extension called KeyConfig

http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/keyconfig

I added custom key bindings to FrieFox, although I wouldn't know off teh top of my head how to save an image (or if it's possible)

bluntu
August 16th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the link but since I find it difficult to use I decided to hunt for an extension and here it is: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2331/

very useful. One click and it saves all images on open tabs into a folder. In the future I hope there's a software like AutoHotkey for Linux. For now I'll live with "Bazzacuda"

ikester8
January 6th, 2007, 05:32 AM
What you want is the downThemAll extension for Firefox.