PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] boot-repair on Ubuntu 12.10 (installed inside windows XP) failed

Rahul_Raj
July 10th, 2017, 01:33 PM
I attempted a boot-repair on Ubuntu 12.10 (installed inside Windows XP). Although, the boot-repair completed successfully, the reboot was unsuccessful.
The pastebin link is:
paste.ubuntu.com/25060820

Thanks in advance.

yancek
July 10th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Your posted link is broken. Both Ubuntu 12.10 and xp are very outdated and unsupported. You do know that the wubi installer simply installs Ubuntu inside windows as a program and that it uses the windows bootloader to boot. I don't think boot repair is going to fix that but maybe someone more familiar will have a suggestion.

Bucky Ball
July 10th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Wubi is also unsupported. Wouldn't go there. You won't get much help with it.

ajgreeny
July 10th, 2017, 03:39 PM
As those above have already said Ubuntu 12.10, wubi and Windows XP are all well beyond end-of-life and there is nothing anyone here in the forum can do to help you to recover that situation; certainly the boot repair pastebin you show is no help at all when dealing with wubi installs.

If you have files inside that wubi install that you need the best I can suggest is to recover them by mounting the root.disk file in the XP partition in a "real" Ubuntu hard disk installation or possibly in a live Ubuntu OS.
See https://askubuntu.com/questions/243621/how-to-mount-root-disk-from-wubi-when-booted-from-dual-boot-install-of-ubuntu for information which may help.

ajgreeny
July 10th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Query relates to end-of-life operating systems and installation mode.
If you need more help on recovery of files please start another thread with descriptive title.

Thread closed.