PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Change kubuntu 17.04 to another distibution which will be easier for beginner

nikuchakopaliani
July 6th, 2017, 08:04 PM
I have been trying to resolve problem about wireless connection... because of this and a lot of situations which I couldn't understand in the past time I want to enjoy with another linux.
I don't how to change distributive to another...

kubuntu 17.04 user (fujitsu ah530)
processor: 4xintel(R)Core(TM) i3 CPU M380 @2.53GHz
memory: 3904MB(2293 used)

some people recomended me linux mint if there are any better thing...

QIII
July 6th, 2017, 08:10 PM
Hello!

You will not find another distribution that eases your problem. Your wifi is hard blocked (by a switch on your machine, presumably) as indicated in this post (https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2365409&p=13663067#post13663067) in your thread.

Have you looked for a switch on your machine as suggested? That won't be fixed by using a different distro.

Which other situations did you not understand? We haven't seen them since you haven't asked about them. Perhaps we can help.

Kubuntu is not the only Ubuntu flavor, so trying a different member of the Ubuntu family might be an option. With regard to other distros, their installation processes are generally as straight-forward as Ubuntu. The installation media will take you through the process. If you want to use one of them, simply follow the instructions.

nikuchakopaliani
July 6th, 2017, 09:45 PM
Hello!

You will not find another distribution that eases your problem. Your wifi is hard blocked (by a switch on your machine, presumably) as indicated in this post (https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2365409&p=13663067#post13663067) in your thread.

Have you looked for a switch on your machine as suggested? That won't be fixed by using a different distro.

Which other situations did you not understand? We haven't seen them since you haven't asked about them. Perhaps we can help.

Kubuntu is not the only Ubuntu flavor, so trying a different member of the Ubuntu family might be an option. With regard to other distros, their installation processes are generally as straight-forward as Ubuntu. The installation media will take you through the process. If you want to use one of them, simply follow the instructions.

There is not any switch here on my laptop.

QIII
July 6th, 2017, 09:57 PM
Please refer to your other thread for help with that issue.

johndough2
July 8th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Hi

To have WiFi you need a WiFi card fitted.
It may be possible to disable/enable it within the BIOS settings.

Also there is a "STATUS INDICATOR PANEL" that shows
WiFi, Power, Battery, HDD/Optical Disk, NumLock and CAPSlock.

Blue, solid: Wireless devices have been switched on (using the [Fn]+[F5] key combination).
Off: Wireless devices are off.

So the constant point of the 'Hardware switch' is about whether the Blue WiFi light is on, and if not try Fn + F5 to turn it on.

Please tell us.

From here find drivers and config etc as needed.