PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Issue whenever restarting laptop for installation

gabolein
June 28th, 2017, 08:45 PM
Hi,
I've been trying to install Ubuntu 17.04 on my new laptop. I created a 150 GB partition on my hard disk and then installed Ubuntu through USB. Everything went fine until I was asked to restart. Upon restarting the screen was black and it read

platformMSFT0101:00: failed to claim resource 1
acpi MST0101:00: platform device creation failed: -16

ecc., it goes on quite a bit but it seems like the error is already known. The problem is people advice with ignoring it. If I ignore it nothing happens, it lets me do nothing, I can just type or shut down the laptop by brute force.
So I shut it down. I tried turning it on again and reinstalling Ubuntu. This time another error showed up, which I can't even recall, that ended up blocking the laptop so I restarted and the same screen appeared.
I'm completely helpless, there's no help to be found online and I have no idea how to solve it as I'm not even able to boot Ubuntu since it's not correctly installed.
I would really appreciate if anyone had an idea on how to solve this.

QIII
June 28th, 2017, 08:56 PM
Hello!

That may be due to the motherboard's manufacturer implementing Microsoft's Trusted Platform Module on the board.

What version of Windows are you using? If your machine came with Win 10, is will be installed in UEFI mode. Linux will have to be installed likewise. That might help.

gabolein
June 28th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the reply. I indeed have Windows 10. Should I reformat my hard disk before trying again as Ubuntu is technically already installed on the partition?

gabolein
June 29th, 2017, 12:06 PM
So I followed this: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEFI
Unfortunately it still didnt work