PDA

View Full Version : Dropbox Installation Problem

tckutlu
June 28th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Greetings,
I'm a new Ubuntu user and i prefered to install Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus on my computer.
The problem is when i try to install Dropbox due to Ubuntu Software, Dropbox can be downloaded but can't be opened.
I recieved the below message yesterday.

When i click on Restart Nautilus button, there's nothing happened also right click function of the mause is temporarily disabled.
Then i searched the problem on internet, found some topics. One of the suggestions is about restarting Nautilus on terminal.
I wrote the below commands on terminal.
nautilus -qThen redo the installation step but the same problem happened.
Then i keep on searching on internet. By the way i uninstalled the Dropbox and typed the below commands on terminal.

rm -rvf ~/.dropbox ~/.dropbox-dist Then i visited the Dropbox official website and downloaded the tar file, after finished the download, i typed the below commands on terminal.

sudo tar -xvzf /home/tckutlu/İndirilenler/dropbox-lnx.x86-29.4.20.tar.gz -C /optOn the terminal window, i saw any problem but when i looked at the opt folder, i saw that tar file didn't extracted it's files there.
Then i visit the Dropbox's official page again. They have written a command for installation. And i typed that command on terminal which is

cd ~ && wget -O - "https://www.dropbox.com/download?plat=lnx.x86" | tar xzf - But i recieved a certification problem.
After that i searched certification problem on internet and found some topics. i choosed an upvoted post's suggested command which is adding a
--no-check-certificate defination on the below codes. The last codes looked like:

cd ~ && wget --no-check-certificate "https://www.dropbox.com/download?plat=lnx.x86" | tar xzf- And i saw that something happens which can be seen on the below image.
The file was downloaded but when i clicked the file i got an error message which can be seen at the below image:

The methods that i tried to choose didn't solve my problem. Perhaps you can show me what the problem is and help me to solve it.
Thanks in advance.

tckutlu
June 28th, 2017, 04:53 PM
Problem solved.
I opened terminal after installed Dropbox on Ubuntu Software.
Then i typed the below commands.

LC_ALL=C dropbox start -i