PDA

View Full Version : Gnome 3.24 Removing Bottom Panel (Window list)

Nick_Baughman
June 26th, 2017, 01:19 AM
I'm sorry in advance if I'm posting in the wrong place. Just let me know if I am.

I've tried everything imaginable, but I just can't find a way to edit my Panel Settings to remove the bottom panel on Ubuntu 17.10 with Gnome 3.24. I cannot Alt/Super+RC, there is no entry for it in Tweak Tools, and I cannot find it in dconf.

Any pointers please guys? This thing is getting in the way of my dash-to-dock.

Thanks in advance,
--Nick.

deadflowr
June 26th, 2017, 03:51 AM
Thread Moved to Desktop Environments

Dennis N
June 26th, 2017, 04:15 AM
Window List is an extension, right? I see it in Tweak Tool > Extensions > Window List where I can enable or disable it.

Frogs Hair
June 26th, 2017, 05:53 PM
The Gnome Shell Classic session includes a bottom panel so be sure of what session you are logged into.

deadflowr
June 26th, 2017, 07:12 PM
I thought there was a time that when your gpu and cpu could not handle the graphical requirements of gnome-shell (either through hardware rendering or software rendering)
it would load it in classic mode, regardless of which session was chosen at login.
Typically most modern processors can handle the software mode, which runs through the cpu.
(hardware mode runs through whatever gpu(graphics card the system has, and whether or not that card is powerful enough)
However older cpus which might no be able to handle the loads so the system should default to the less resource hungry classic mode.
(I think it's less hungry, but maybe not?)

But things change, and I could be off on all of that.

haytham-med
December 7th, 2017, 05:04 PM
Just re-log , then it will be removed.

himansh.me
February 25th, 2018, 07:13 AM
First, log out of your account.
Second, on the login screen lies a settings icon beside the login button.
Third, click the settings, and check the UBUNTU version.
This worked for me. Here the GNOME version was selected.

otto11235
February 25th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Browse to https://extensions.gnome.org/local/ and click on the red cross to the right of the extension.