PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Hard to resize windows on 4k laptop in 16.04

ChrisNelson1022
June 17th, 2017, 01:35 PM
I finally upgraded to 16.04 and the one feature I was really hoping for seems to be missing. Window frames are so narrow that I have a hard time grabbing them to resize windows. I presume they are set in pixels, not inches (or mm or something) so on a 4k laptop they are so small it is really, really hard to get the mouse pointer right over them. Have I missed something? Ideally, it would be settable in inches or % of screen height or something but if I can change it from 2 pixels to 4 or 6 or something, that would likely work.

Dennis N
June 17th, 2017, 03:17 PM
An alternate method to resize:

In XFCE, if the window is the active window, Alt + F8 should put the window in "resize mode" and a resizing cursor will appear in lower-right corner of the window. Moving the mouse will then resize the window. Once resized, a mouse click ( or another Alt + F8) will return cursor to normal mode.

ChrisNelson1022
June 18th, 2017, 07:14 PM
Thanks. I don't know how long it would take me to remember that. ;-)

I've realized the problem is worse than I remembered. My display is configured for 1920x1080 and it is _still_ hard to grab a window frame. I have a 4k display and I can't even use it. :-(

Autodave
June 19th, 2017, 12:14 AM
Is your video card capable of a larger size? What card are you using and what driver? Where did you get the driver from?