PDA

View Full Version : My totally unresolved USB failure problem

smolyneux78
June 13th, 2017, 04:26 PM
Hello everyone,

I've held off from posting on this kind of forum up until now and have searched high and low on the google for a resolution.
I used to run Ubuntu 14.04.2 on my old desktop (MSI MS-7250 motherboard) and then I tried to upgrade. There was a problem with the graphics card which I couldn't resolve to I installed Ubuntu Mate to work alongside it and managed to save all my data. However, on starting to use Mate none of my USB ports worked.

I now am keen to use my USB ports for all sorts of things and I've tried more or less everything that I could find to do on here. I've felt I've got pretty close on a number of occasions, however, no cigar.

Instead of listing all the things I've tried I'll wait for people to tell me what to do for them to try and diagnose this most troubling issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Steve

Autodave
June 14th, 2017, 10:00 PM
Since no one else has jumped in, I will with what little I have to offer. I have never had any luck upgrading from one version to another. At best, I get a somewhat broken system that takes more time to repair than it would have to just do a clean install. I have 13 machines that I maintain and last time I tried an upgrade, one worked. The other 12 got reinstalled.

Try booting to your DVD or USB and try the live (Try ?buntu) version. If the USB ports work there, I would reinstall a new version.