PDA

View Full Version : Re: Gnome shell extensions stopped installing

ya-paulle
June 12th, 2017, 08:26 AM
I'm using ubuntu-gnome 17.04 and since yesterday my extensions are gone and I cannot install it again. Installation via browser don't work, they show up as installed but off, changing to on nothing happens and after a reboot they are otherwise off. Installing via synaptic, extensions get installed but don't work. In tweak tool extensions are visible, but greyed out.

dino99
June 12th, 2017, 10:45 AM
I'm using ubuntu-gnome 17.04 and since yesterday my extensions are gone and I cannot install it again. Installation via browser don't work, they show up as installed but off, changing to on nothing happens and after a reboot they are otherwise off. Installing via synaptic, extensions get installed but don't work. In tweak tool extensions are visible, but greyed out.

I've already explained some posts back, what to do & why; Reading a thread is not wasting time :lolflag:

coffeecat
June 12th, 2017, 10:56 AM
@ya-paulle, I've moved your post and the reply from this thread: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2362374

The thread you posted to was in the Ubuntu Development Version sub-forum, and was specifically about 17.10, which is still in development. You are using 17.04, which is the latest fully released version. Your problem could very well have a different cause.

I've already explained some posts back, what to do & why; Reading a thread is not wasting time :lolflag:

@dino99, your reply in that thread referred to the 17.10 development version. Are you able to offer anything regarding this problem in 17.04?