PDA

View Full Version : Gnome Notifications are black text on a dark grey background

Monsuco
June 6th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Every time I put in a flash drive or connect to wifi or do anything else that would create Gnome 3 notifications I get notifications that are so horribly colored that they are completely unreadable. The text is black and the background is a very dark grey making it near impossible to read. It seems to do this on both the light theme and the global dark theme. It does this on every theme I've tested it with. Arc, Adwaita, High Contrast, whatever.

Literally any other color combination would be better than black text on very dark grey and I cannot believe the Gnome project deliberately sets it to such a ridiculous color scheme by default but I have tried and tried in vain to figure out how to go about changing this setting. How do I change the notification font color and/or background color on Gnome 3?

vasa1
June 6th, 2017, 04:53 PM
Your profile indicates that you're using Kubuntu. If that isn't correct, please update your profile or at least mention the distro and its version that you're currently using.

Monsuco
June 6th, 2017, 05:45 PM
I use Ubuntu Gnome on my 2 in 1. Gnome is far more pleasant on this front. I suppose I can change that in my profile. I use Kubuntu on my main laptop.