PDA

View Full Version : The longest 44 days of my life...

curuxz
August 14th, 2006, 03:46 PM
:-({|= When I moved on to my new house on the 1st of July 2006 I was promissed by the liying bastards at tiscali that the net would be back on in a mear matter of days, long story short they gave me worse treatement than a guy who has droped the soap in prison. Anyway bulldog broadband (cable&wireless) who I have used before came to my rescue and after the longest 44 days of my life I finaly am back online with my nice new unlimited 8Meg line.

**** Tiscali

you have no idea how nice it is to be back :)

EdThaSlayer
August 14th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Wow...
i myself cant survive without at least logging onto the net every day ^_^
Good job surviving!
and a 8mbps unlimited line?
lucky you!

BWF89
August 14th, 2006, 06:08 PM
What did you do while you would normally be on the net?

Kernel Sanders
August 14th, 2006, 07:23 PM
What did you do while you would normally be on the net?

Do you really want an answer? :p

.t.
August 14th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Well; that's really bad. We use Zen as an ISP, and had 25 days without internet. I managed alright. We kept bollocking them, but it turned out that it was our Safecom SWAMRU-54108 (that was working fine) that was at fault. Had to get a new router, and Zen had me down as an "irate" customer. Well, now our line's twice as fast as before, but still the fastest possible - being too far away from an ancient exchange; at around 2 megabits/second.

sanderella
August 14th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Sympathise!
We were offline for only 10 days (good ol' bt broadband), but it was enough. I walked about the house and garden saying "I'm bored." V frustrating, and then you've got all those emails to answer when you get your connection back.:(

curuxz
August 14th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Yeah it sucked, I had to keep going into the university library to check my email, i was so bored and I work from home so I was losing time, money and the will to live lol.

I did not realise how much I depend on broadband :(