PDA

View Full Version : Can't install Ubuntu MATE 16.04, Bus error

smauleon2
May 19th, 2017, 08:57 AM
Hello,

I had this problem in two different desktops, an old one with 1 GB RAM and an NVidia card, and a 2015 NUC that happily runs Mint 17.

The Ubuntu MATE live session works well, some apps work, but Firefox crashes. If I start it from a terminal, I get this output: "Bus error (Core dumped)". The same when I try to install: clicking the install icon nothing happens, and if I try it from the terminal, I get the same "Bus error" message.

I tried Mint 18 also, on both, with better results. The live session and Firefox do work, and the install starts, but it crashes while is copying the files to the hard disk. I don't remember the error message now. On the old desktop, I tried several times, finally the install completed, and it's working well.

Thanks in advance

ajgreeny
May 19th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Have you double checked the iso file you used to create the live medium?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuHashes

smauleon2
May 19th, 2017, 04:33 PM
I've checked the ISO in the pendrive and... it was damaged. I fixed it and installed one of the computers already. Thanks a lot!

ajgreeny
May 19th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Great news!
Please mark as SOLVED from the Thread Tools menu up-top if this is now solved to your satisfaction. It is a great help to users searching the forum.