PDA

View Full Version : Help me

spiriten
May 17th, 2017, 04:35 PM
Ok so i started an upgrade for Ubuntu and now im stuck with the grub2 menu and when i click system startup i can only access the bios when i click Ubuntu it's stuck as a Purple screen. When i click on advanced system startup i get a list of a bunch of kernels when i click the newest kernel and choose the options (upstart) and or (recovery mode) it doesent happend anything. The only thing that is exiting is that the recovery button makes a blackscreen come up with alot of white text. The thing is in the end of the text it says failed and its a end right there to. What should i do?

ubfan1
May 17th, 2017, 04:57 PM
What does the message say at the point it failed? Did you try an older kernel, the one you were using before the upgrade?

LastDino
May 17th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Usually anything purple during booting up after new install or upgrade has a very notorious suspect in my eyes, it would help if you give us bit more info on your specifications, most importantly your "Graphic card"

ajgreeny
May 17th, 2017, 10:20 PM
Which version of Ubuntu and what kernel version are you trying to boot?

There have been a few threads about new kernels recently giving problems for some users. These are often solved by booting to the previous kernel from the Advanced section of grub.
Try that and if you can get to your usual desktop we can help you investigate further.