PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Xscreensaver triangle mode - screwy colors

kingv2
May 7th, 2017, 04:48 AM
Alright, I remember back in the days when I worked on SunOS/Solaris workstations in the late 90s, xscreensaver (then called xlock, I believe) had various modes.

Galaxy and Triangle were among my favorites.

So, I have them both on my current machine, Lubuntu 17.04, but Triangle is a bit screwed up. The colors are bizarre. I've tried tweaking the options, to no avail.

When it used to run on the old Sun/Solaris machines I had, the flat area, basically water surface, was always a good, solid blue, and the mountain/landscape would be various colors, but something you might expect to see, greens, yellows, some reds/oranges, etc. But, when I use it now, the colors are random, and quite jarring, and it picks a different set of colors each time it starts a new triangle.

The only thing I've come across was on this page: https://fossies.org/linux/xlockmore/modes/triangle.c - it's apparently the source code, and I noted the following line:

#define UNIFORM_COLORS /* To get blue water uncomment, but ... */

However, I'm not looking to dig into the system and recompile code. Is there some way to get this to work in the current system as-is? Or does this really have to be rebuilt, and then I replace the result in /usr/lib/xscreensaver/triangle?