PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Preferences not being remembered by Variety wallpaper; Adding Flickr and others

SciGuy1872
May 5th, 2017, 12:30 AM
Hi. I find that Preferences in Variety wallpaper changer (version 0.6.4) is not being remembered; I tried to add Groups and Users from Flickr and have tried adding to Panoramio and Wallhaven. The settings of: start on boot, change the Paper on start, and change frequency are remembered, though. I have Ubuntu Mate 16.04 and installed Variety through the Install button in the Boutique. I didn't see any "Save" button when exiting Preferences after adding new sources; I have tried clicking the "Use" button. I read that Peter Levi is keeping the program alive, but has had to shut some functions of Variety down, due to time constraints and also trying to attribute the authors.
Is there a way to fix the information on the Preferences window to where it is saved, or do I move to another program? I was wanting an app that uses Internet sites I enter for many wallpapers from others. I also like the clock that Variety adds to the screen.