PDA

View Full Version : Best paid data recovery software

tech291083
April 29th, 2017, 04:54 PM
Dear Admin,

I hope this is the right sub forum for my query, if not then please accept my apology in advance, thanks.

Hi Friends,

I would love to buy a paid data recovery software one for Windows OS (7/8/10) and another for Linux OS. What is your recommendation? Thanks

LastDino
April 29th, 2017, 07:08 PM
I've heard a lot about these from my friends

Recuva
Mini tool power data recovery
Stellar Phonix (Apparently this particular one works with both windows and Linux)

This is in no particular order and you can probably try out free versions/demo before buying any of them.

I personally never had to use data recovery because I always had a backup and it is usually well taken care and maintained in every couple of months, so don't personally have experience with these.

So, take my words as just some name thrower, no assurance of quality, performance or value for money.

tech291083
April 30th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Recuva
Mini tool power data recovery
Stellar Phonix (Apparently this particular one works with both windows and Linux)

This is in no particular order

Great,

Excellent. Thanks a lot.

mastablasta
May 3rd, 2017, 11:43 AM
you will also find good opensoruce tools that will work well in Windows and Linux.

unless they have some guarantee to money loss, then they are not really worth exploring. mayn companies will use good opensource tools instead.
a few good cross system tools:
rdiffbackup
areca backup
luckybackup
duplicati
grsync

or for example those more aimed at enterprise:
backuppc (pulls backup from PC's in network to server)
bacula

if you are after cloud solutions there are programs that will encrypt the data before you upload them or you can choose a service with built in encryption.

TheFu
May 4th, 2017, 10:32 PM
The professionals use highly specialized tools, usually running on a minimal OS that is booted as part of the recovery tool. Attended 4 hours of training by a guy who trains private investigators and data recovery people on how to do this stuff for data forensics / legal purposes with full chain of custody. It opened my eyes. The software comes with the specialized hardware. The hardware reads. It has the electrical pins removed that are required to write any data. This is required for legal reasons. There is an extensive data recovery how-to using free tools in the ubuntu wiki. None of the tools are point-n-click. They all need some level of expertise AND training to use.

If you are interested in getting into the data recovery industry, I know that classes run 5 days and about $3500. http://myharddrivedied.com/ Scott is a good guy and knows his stuff. He literally wrote the book.

Some of his presentations: http://myharddrivedied.com/presentations-resources
Highly recommended.