PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't auto-maximize windows in 16.04

ruberad
April 14th, 2017, 04:36 AM
Upgraded 14.04-->16.04 (reinstalled actually), and I lost my ability to maximize or half-maximize windows by banging the title bar against the left or right or top edges of the screen. (I can still, however, double-click on the title-bar to full-screen maximize)

Is there a setting somewhere I can turn that back on?

FWIW, my installation procedure was 'do something else' so I could reformat and install onto an OS-only partition, and not touch my /data and /home partitions, but mount them back up after I was done. So my entire home directory is untouched, there might be settings in there that are causing conflict. Any ideas about what I might delete/clean out?

llightsey-gmail
April 14th, 2017, 04:46 AM
Try the Unity Tweak Tool --> Select Window Snapping and make sure its ' On ', Under Behaviour, set it how you would it to maximize.
I don't really understand your second question?

ruberad
April 14th, 2017, 05:09 AM
second question was basically whether I am having this problem because after installing 16.04 I still have my home directory unchanged with all dot-subdirectories full of history/config etc.

ruberad
April 14th, 2017, 05:15 AM
OK, after accidentally first downloading the GNome Tweak tool, I found the Unity Tweak Tool and turned on snapping.

I don't recall having to do anything special to activate snapping in 14.04, wasn't (isn't) that a native capability?

deadflowr
April 14th, 2017, 06:55 AM
It's part of the compiz plugin known as grid.
You can adjust it a little more in the compizconfig-settings-manager, or ccsm.
(Would need to be installed)

second question was basically whether I am having this problem because after installing 16.04 I still have my home directory unchanged with all dot-subdirectories full of history/config etc.
Of course it would be possible.
Was it the cause is unknown.