PDA

View Full Version : The internet not working on Ubuntu 17.04 live usb!

ahmadwinchester
April 13th, 2017, 07:23 PM
I'm trying to install ubuntu 17.04, but the internet is not working at all on the live usb. I even tried ubuntu gnome, still the same issue. It's connected, but it's not working, the cable, and the wifi. Not sure what's the problem.

ajgreeny
April 13th, 2017, 08:28 PM
Please do not use such huge brightly coloured font when posting.
Doing so does not increase your chance of getting an answer.
Use larger or coloured fonts simply to add emphasis to particular points, not a complete post.

Frogs Hair
April 13th, 2017, 08:48 PM
What operating system/s are on the computer. I asked because I had a similar problem on my dual boot , The cable was connected but the browser didn't work.

ahmadwinchester
April 13th, 2017, 08:55 PM
What operating system/s are on the computer. I asked because I had a similar problem on my dual boot , The cable was connected but the browser didn't work.

I have windows 10 installed on my system, but I never had this problem before really with dual boot or even just trying ubuntu before installing it, after I googled for a while, I found out that a lot of people are having the same issue.

Frogs Hair
April 13th, 2017, 11:08 PM
I have windows 10 installed on my system, but I never had this problem before really with dual boot or even just trying ubuntu before installing it, after I googled for a while, I found out that a lot of people are having the same issue.

I backed my files to a removable device the deleted the previous Ubuntu partitions and when I tested 17.04 everything worked fine. This a problem because you can't preform a proper test. When I tried to test Budgie , Chromium identified the problem as a DNS configuration problem.

wildmanne39
April 13th, 2017, 11:28 PM
If it is the DNS issue that has effected some users of 17.04 you can go into network manager and change the DNS server to googles DNS servers to work around the issue and their servers are faster too.

I am posting a screenshot of how to change the server in network manager.

After you enter the sever information click save and close then restart network manager by doing:

sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager.service

yordanov
April 16th, 2017, 10:58 AM
If it is the DNS issue that has effected some users of 17.04 you can go into network manager and change the DNS server to googles DNS servers to work around the issue and their servers are faster too.

This is not a solution. It is just a workaround.

wildmanne39
April 16th, 2017, 05:45 PM
This is not a solution. It is just a workaround.
Really? of course it is, that is what we do most of the time dealing with networking and wireless issues.

I have been doing this for 6 years and there are still some bugs that have not been fixed so if it were not for work-arounds people would not have internet connections all these years.

You are welcome not to use a work-around if they offend you, and we all would be pleased if you fixed the issue yourself and posted the solution so everyone will have the solution instead of a work-around.

To be honest I do not see what the big deal is as long as your internet works and works good.

Your welcome!:)

DuckHook
April 16th, 2017, 06:32 PM
This is not a solution. It is just a workaround.:confused:

A most provocative statement. What would a "solution" look like to you?

gychang2
May 22nd, 2017, 05:30 PM

I am posting a screenshot of how to change the server in network manager.

After you enter the sever information click save and close then restart network manager by doing:

sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager.service

does not seem to work on my new budgie 17.04, is "N" and "M" capitalized?, is ".service" needed?

appreciate help.

wildmanne39
May 22nd, 2017, 06:55 PM
When running commands it is best to copy and paste for accuracy, and yes it has to be exactly as you see it, did you do what is in the screenshots first?

gychang2
July 9th, 2017, 02:41 PM
I'm trying to install ubuntu 17.04, but the internet is not working at all on the live usb. I even tried ubuntu gnome, still the same issue. It's connected, but it's not working, the cable, and the wifi. Not sure what's the problem.

for me, this was the solution. https://askubuntu.com/questions/902992/ubuntu-gnome-17-04-wi-fi-not-working-mac-address-keeps-changing/905019#905019