PDA

View Full Version : How do I get a sysinfo extension for my desktop

minecralex
April 11th, 2017, 06:51 PM
Idk if I'm posting this in the right section or not, but I was wondering if anyone knew a plugin/mod type of widget which could be integrated into the desktop and show off all the sysinfo including CPU temp, used RAM, CPU freq., GPU temp, GPU usage, HDD/SSD usage, HDD/SSD speed/response time, etc. The reason that I'am asking is because online in various other forum threads, I see people showing off their desktops which look so awesome, with integrated live system information with etremely aesthetically pleasing bars and pie charts showing off the computer resources. A lot of the desktops that I see online are much better than any desktop that I have used so far. I would like to know if anyone knows any good programs/plugins I could use, and I'm sort of a desktop environment noob as I don't even know how to manage and install new desktop environments. (BTW: I'm currently using Gnome 3.18.5 according to inxi)

howefield
April 11th, 2017, 07:00 PM
Somewhat depends on the desktop environment unless you want a conky setup.

cat /etc/*-release

echo $XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP

gordintoronto
April 12th, 2017, 11:31 AM
+1 for Conky and lm-sensors.

Frogs Hair
April 12th, 2017, 01:49 PM
You have to be careful of version , not all Conky syntax will work properly on the version 1.10 which is the latest.
https://www.gnome-look.org/browse/cat/124/ord/latest/