PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] can't log in to Ubuntu Core 16 on Raspberry Pi 3

jakpowpbs
March 24th, 2017, 05:22 PM
I am unable to log in to Ubuntu Core 16 using a Pi 3, I have followed https://developer.ubuntu.com/core/get-started/raspberry-pi-2-3 but get stuck on localhost login after going through the network and admin config.

I have imported the public key onto my sso account and tried every possible format to log in with, on the pi as well as remotely using ssh <Ubuntu SSO account name>@<device IP address>.

getting: login incorrect on the pi and access denied whilst trying remotely through PuTTY.

Any ideas? thanks

koolinus-gmail
May 15th, 2017, 05:54 AM
I am having this exact problems two months later… help would be welcome, thanks!

Bucky Ball
May 15th, 2017, 06:26 AM
Welcome. The login for a RPi is generally 'pi' and the password is generally 'raspberry'. Tried that? Just a suggestion.

Also, while your problem might look identical on the surface, it's probably not. You should be posting another thread as this one was started by someone else. Good luck. :)

For instance: Ubuntu Core 16 using a Pi 3. Is this you?

I have imported the public key onto my sso account and tried every possible format to log in with, on the pi as well as remotely using ssh <Ubuntu SSO account name>@<device IP address>.

getting: login incorrect on the pi and access denied whilst trying remotely through PuTTY.

Have you done exactly the same and are getting the same error message? There is no reason whatever for the above fiddling with SSO passwords, by the way. Not sure how it's related to the problem of the user/pw not working on a RPi. The username and password should work, if correct, with no further twiddling from the user required.