PDA

View Full Version : What happened to my coffee cup?

djsroknrol
August 13th, 2006, 06:00 PM
I was so happy to see my first coffee cup a couple of weeks ago..sitting nice and proudly between my beans...Yesterday, I noticed it had vanished...what happened to it?...I wonder where did it go?...Did Juan Valdez steal it from me in the middle of the night?

There is an all points bulletin out for a loose coffee cup...white with a brown stripe and steam rising from the top...if you see this coffee cup, please let him know that he is missed...

bjweeks
August 13th, 2006, 06:01 PM
You droped it.=D>

Jedeye
August 13th, 2006, 06:04 PM
you drank it all!

bruce89
August 13th, 2006, 07:52 PM
It'll come back soon enough.

Bwhahahah, I have 2!

christhemonkey
August 13th, 2006, 07:53 PM
So do I!

(last time i posted something like this though, i lost my 1 cup... :s)

it.henrik
August 13th, 2006, 07:55 PM
you should be more carefull with your coffe cups .. you might have spilled it on someone .. ouch :/

BWF89
August 13th, 2006, 08:00 PM
you should be more carefull with your coffe cups .. you might have spilled it on someone .. ouch :/
and than sue them for not putting a CAUTION HOT label on it

picpak
August 13th, 2006, 09:24 PM
The Internets move so fast nowadays I can't keep track of my coffee cups. Usually I just tie 'em down and they don't leave the Internets no more.

djsroknrol
August 13th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Great responses, but not the ones I'm looking for...:)

Seriously, is there any rhyme or reason for the cups appearances or possible disappearences? Is it the same as the bean count? If so, is there a post as to order of reciving them?

WildTangent
August 13th, 2006, 11:02 PM
The beans and coffee cups are one of the great mysteries of the forum, and perhaps life itself :-P

-Wild

richbarna
August 14th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Mine's on my PC's coffee cup holder :)
What ?!.........
Sorry, *blush* apparently that's the CD Rom :(

YAY! I've got FOUR !!
<------------------------------

KiwiNZ
August 14th, 2006, 07:37 AM
search the Forum discussion threads this topic has been covered numerous times

djsroknrol
August 14th, 2006, 02:24 PM
search the Forum discussion threads this topic has been covered numerous times

I have searched this topic..there is plenty of discussions about beans and titles...but none on coffee cups...There was one there and now it's gone and I just wanted to know what happened to it..was it a false award?...was it taken away for a "my bad"?..or did it fall off the table?...

There is no posting on how they are awarded and was just curious is all...

bruce89
August 14th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Generally, you start off with green beans, which turn darker. These then move around. Then cups of coffee appear. After that, big tall cups appear.

AFAIK, it's pretty random.

Lord Illidan
August 14th, 2006, 02:28 PM
I've got a tall cup!!! Yay!! :-({|=

wieman01
August 17th, 2006, 05:39 AM
My has gone too. I see a pattern here. Or rather: I don't. But everybody else appears to have the same problem.

Skia_42
August 17th, 2006, 06:35 AM
You guys are Quad Shots of ubuntu, keep on posting and you'll get something.

slimdog360
August 17th, 2006, 06:44 AM
mines gone too :(

slimdog360
August 17th, 2006, 06:46 AM
I've got a tall cup!!! Yay!! :-({|=
I'll trade you, three beans for one cup/mug whatever it is.

newbie2
August 17th, 2006, 11:06 AM
here is also some art with a cup of coffee (http://www.yahoo.com/s/369843) ....unfortunately it is a macromedia flashplayer movie :( .... but..... they are working on it (http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/2006/08/side_job.html#comments) :)

djsroknrol
August 17th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Alright..at least I don't need new glasses...I had given up on this question..but now that 2 more of you out there have experienced this, could someone possibly have an answer to this for real?

it.henrik
August 17th, 2006, 01:54 PM
short version:

the cups n beans system is controled by some dude/dudette on these forums. He/She decides where to draw the line for every "level" and how they should look like etc etc... my guess is that h/she changed the amounts of beans you needed for the cup.

djsroknrol
August 17th, 2006, 02:49 PM
short version:

the cups n beans system is controled by some dude/dudette on these forums. He/She decides where to draw the line for every "level" and how they should look like etc etc... my guess is that h/she changed the amounts of beans you needed for the cup.

That's the best answer yet...I sure wish a mod would confirm that...I know it was there and all someone would have to do is say that something was changed, and I'd be happy...:---)

weekend warrior
August 17th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Just now happened to me - so it happens at post count 412 evidently. Not that I really give a monkey's uncle about these things ;)

matthew
August 24th, 2006, 12:44 AM
That's the best answer yet...I sure wish a mod would confirm that...I know it was there and all someone would have to do is say that something was changed, and I'd be happy...:---)There's been a sticky on this topic in Forums Discussion for over a year. That's why KiwiNZ recommended you search...I'll just link to the newest version. http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=239560

djsroknrol
August 24th, 2006, 02:00 AM
There's been a sticky on this topic in Forums Discussion for over a year. That's why KiwiNZ recommended you search...I'll just link to the newest version. http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=239560

Thank you matthew...I did read your post...and now I'm a happy camper...

matthew
August 24th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Thank you matthew...I did read your post...and now I'm a happy camper...
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I didn't see your thread until yesterday... FYI, the Forums Discussion area is a perfect place to ask questions like this. :)

bigken
September 26th, 2006, 01:46 PM
cups are like windows users they crack under pressure ;)

alecjw
September 26th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Mine's on my PC's coffee cup holder :)
What ?!.........
Sorry, *blush* apparently that's the CD Rom :(

YAY! I've got FOUR !!
<------------------------------
I love the way you say *the* CDROM. It really distinuishes you from ******* users who need about 20 to get a half-functioning computer.

Bruce M.
February 19th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Just got mine.

Someone steals it they'll be dodging rubber bullets! :lolflag:

Imagine Johnny Cash: :guitar:

I fell in,
To a hail of rubber bullets.
And it burns, burns, burns
Those rubber bullets.

BDNiner
January 3rd, 2009, 07:21 PM
I was just about to post about my cup disappearing and then i used the handy search forums for similar posts button "I swear it hasn't been there before" and found this thread. I too lost my cup, and i didn't even get demoted to having randomly turned beans. I felt like a boy scout that just lost a merit badge.

karthick87
March 24th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Here too the same problem i have missed my coffee cup :(