PDA

View Full Version : Games to enhance memory

Camilia
March 19th, 2017, 08:38 PM
I was wondering it there are any games to enhance memory in ubuntu software?

I have searched under games and brain but have not found any.

1fallen
March 19th, 2017, 11:08 PM
gbrainy is a platform to train memory, arithmetical and logical capabilities with many sorts of different exercises of different difficulty levels. It should have something for all ages and purposes: kids whose parents want them to develop their capabilities, adults that want to keep their mind in form or just try it out for fun, older people that might need to do some memory exercises, etc.
It provides the following types of games:

Logic Puzzles: games designed to challenge your reasoning and thinking skills.
Mental Calculation: games based on arithmetical operations designed to prove your mental calculation skills.
Memory Trainers: games designed to challenge your short term memory.
Verbal Analogies: games that challenge your verbal aptitude.

Found Here: https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/gbrainy/
Also: Brain Workshop - a Dual N-Back game (http://brainworkshop.sourceforge.net/download.html)

Camilia
March 19th, 2017, 11:24 PM
Thanks!! I found gbrainy in ubuntu software.

bengutengu
April 3rd, 2017, 06:19 PM
how can a game enhance memory on an operating system? noobie question!

Perfect Storm
April 3rd, 2017, 06:21 PM
how can a game enhance memory on an operating system? noobie question!

They are talking about games to enhanced the memory of your brain, not on an operating system.

blackcommand
April 3rd, 2017, 06:58 PM
Its not very clear the title, the first time I've read it at first I too thought it was about the operating system itself not an actual game, but if you are looking there's always steam which has a wide-range collection of puzzle games some of which are available for Linux in general other's however are gradually being moved to Linux.

RabbitWho
April 15th, 2017, 06:37 PM
Mindfulness meditation has been shown to improve memory. Gbrainy like games only work at the beginning, when they are new to you, once you are used to them they aren't growing your brain power any more, apparently. Of course by that stage they aren't enjoyable any more either.

Camilia
April 16th, 2017, 02:54 PM
Its not very clear the title, the first time I've read it at first I too thought it was about the operating system itself not an actual game, but if you are looking there's always steam which has a wide-range collection of puzzle games some of which are available for Linux in general other's however are gradually being moved to Linux.
I am looking for game to improve my memory. I do not see steam in ubuntu software. Where is it?

Perfect Storm
April 16th, 2017, 03:21 PM
It may be a bug in the store. But you can:

sudo apt install steam

should do it.

Camilia
April 16th, 2017, 03:45 PM
It may be a bug in the store. But you can:

sudo apt install steam

should do it.
Now I have to create an account to get in. Don't want to have be on line to do a game. So I want to remove it. What command will remove it.

Gbrainy is enough for now. Haven't even had time to try it out.

Found sudo apt-get remove steam

Perfect Storm
April 16th, 2017, 03:48 PM
sudo apt remove steam