PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Can't install Lubuntu...

ddenney
March 12th, 2017, 02:23 AM
I've been trying to install Lubuntu 16.10 on a 200GB partition, but no luck, so far. When I have all of the partitions visible, and I choose the 200GB, and then when I click on Install, it keeps telling me that Root hasn't been chosen, or something like that. Sorry, I didn't write it down, and had to reboot into Ubuntu to write this. However, I am able to try Lubuntu from the 4GB thumb drive that I have it on. In the past 4 days, I've installed Ubuntu and Kubuntu successfully, with no problems. I'm trying to install Lubuntu over Kubuntu in that specific partition. I hope that's enough info to get some advice. Thanks.

yancek
March 12th, 2017, 04:09 AM
In the main partitioning window, you click to highlight the 200GB partition then click the Change tab below that windows which will open an Edit window and click the drop down arrow to the right of "Mount point" and select the first option, the root symbol "/".

kansasnoob
March 12th, 2017, 04:28 AM
If you're using an existing partition you probably need to set the mount point as / which is "root". A picture is worth a thousand words so see if these three pics make sense of it for you (click each to open):

If that doesn't quite answer the question just shout.

ddenney
March 12th, 2017, 07:25 AM
Thank you guys for the replies and info. That really helped. :)

ddenney
March 12th, 2017, 07:27 AM
I'm just curious... how in the world did you take screenshots while being in the installer? Pretty cool.

DuckHook
March 12th, 2017, 07:29 AM
I'm just curious... how in the world did you take screenshots while being in the installer? Pretty cool.Likely, as I do… by installing into a virtual machine. You then take the screenshot from the host.

ddenney
March 12th, 2017, 09:40 AM
Oh okay. Cool.