PDA

View Full Version : Black screen after update

Jethro_Borsje
March 6th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Hi all,

I also asked this custom on the Apple board of this forum, but I think my problem is probably not related to Apple hardware, so I thought I also post it here.

I've been using Kubuntu for the past year on my macbook without any problems. Last week I decided to do a "apt-get dist-upgrade" because the normal "apt-get upgrade" held back the latest version of the kernel and I like to stay up to date. After the installation finished Kubuntu kept asking me to reboot, but I wanted to finish my work in the office. When I was done and went home I closed the lid of my macbook. The next morning when I opened the lid my macbook started to boot into grub instead of resuming where I was.

Once in Grub it doesn't matter what entry I choose, I always end up with a black screen (even if I choose the old kernel which is still also available). Now my only option is to boot into OS X from Grub, because that's the only one which is still working. I suspect my macbook did not correctly suspend and went out of power in my bag and that it somehow corrupted my installation because I upgraded the kernel but did not yet properly reboot.

I really hope somebody knows if there is a way to fix this issue.

Best regards,
Jethro Borsje