PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] XFCE multimedia keys not working by default.

Omar_Jair
March 6th, 2017, 12:54 AM
Hello dear xubuntu users, I was in my search of a lightwheight, customizable desktop and I came across XFCE, everything went pretty neat, i could customize
almost every little aspect of my desktop but I encountered one problem, you see, when I used MATE or any other GNOME based Desktop i have some default
keyboard shortcuts that make spotify & clementine work, when I came to xfce i solved the spotify problem by pasting a dbus order that i found on this forum but If i
use that order then clementine stops detecting the multimedia keys so it is either clementine or spotify and clementine really sucks at spotify-ing,

is there something im missing if so, how can i "port" those MATE keybindings so i can use my media players normally?
Thanks in advance https://forum.xfce.org/img/smilies/smile.png

opsusec
March 6th, 2017, 10:20 AM
seeing as it's still essentially the same build, you might be able to pull up your GUI settings and map the keys to shortcuts individually. I've had to do it a few times, but with other distros. Hope this helps!

Omar_Jair
March 6th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Yeah, the problem is I checked dconf and the mate-keybinding-properties app and when i try to add a keyboard shortcut it asks for a command and for a key combination, Im trying to find out what commands do the multimedias keys excecute but It seems that dconf and keybinding properties are useless since they only provide a description and not the real command.