PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Crash

flemingmouseshed
March 1st, 2017, 06:30 PM
I have crashed whilst on a A Ubuntu upgrade. I can re install a very old version of the OS but it tells me I have 16.04.2 LTS already installed.
All I get when I turn the machine on is aa page or more of computer gibberish. Is there a recovery programe available?

lisati
March 1st, 2017, 10:21 PM
I have crashed whilst on a A Ubuntu upgrade. I can re install a very old version of the OS but it tells me I have 16.04.2 LTS already installed.
All I get when I turn the machine on is aa page or more of computer gibberish. Is there a recovery programe available?

I tried upgrade to 16.04 and it seemed to get stuck but continue doing to work but know what a day later I cannot load the machine. I tried to recover using version 11 but it tells me 16 is there. Help

Frustrating, isn't it? There should be a "recovery mode" option on the Grub menu that will allow you to login via text mode. If you are able to access the Grub (boot) menu, someone might be able to help you get your existing installation working again.

I'd also advise using a recent release of Ubuntu if you can, support for 11.04 ended in 2012, and 11.10 ended in 2013.

Autodave
March 1st, 2017, 11:51 PM
What version were you updating from?

lisati
March 2nd, 2017, 12:18 AM
What version were you updating from?

I think they were using one of the 11.xx flavours. I've updated my previous post to quote from a closed thread.