PDA

View Full Version : Works connected to DVI Monitor but blank screen on HDMI

toxictoad2
February 27th, 2017, 03:35 AM
Hi all,

I thought I would be able to make life simple by installing lubuntu 16.04/10 while connected to one of my DVI monitors then when done, switch out the DVI for a HDMI and have everything ready to use as my Plex server but it hasn't worked out to well.

I first tried installing it while connected to the TV via HDMI and the install went well but I had problems with the resolution. I could only get it to 1920x1080 and the text on the icons and menus etc were huge, I tried everything (apart from coming here) and it was to difficult to see some things to set anything correctly if I could find it.

The graphics card is an Nvidia Geforce 210 and has VGA, HDMI & DVI Connections, the install and post setup went well and while connected to a BenQ monitor everything is great. Installed latest Nvidia drivers, X Server settings gui and got Plex and VNC ready.

Problem is when I disconnect the DVI-monitor and replace with HDMI-42" 1080p TV and turn on, after I get the auto login command, the screen goes blank.

I have installed SSH and can login but other than that I am staring blankly at a blank screen.

Can you please help?