PDA

View Full Version : 16.04 Install from flash drive

Always.Learning.AP
February 21st, 2017, 05:07 AM
I was having problems with ubuntu and opted for a fresh install. That turned out to be a dumb idea... I am not using a dvd drive and there is ~ NO WAY ~ it is too hot for my computer where I am at. Does anyone know a possible fix?

I am installing from a flash drive. I am using a samsung 850 evo and smart diagnostics say the drive is 100% functional. Also posting this on the same computer using windows.

Bucky Ball
February 21st, 2017, 07:31 AM
Confused. If you are installing from a flash drive, why are you worried about issues with the CD/DVD? Not much detail there about exactly what's going on. Just an error message and no indication of when that's happening.

Please make it clear what you want help with. Installing from a flash drive (USB)? If so, what's the issue? Or installing from a DVD? If so, is it about that error message? Does the DVD drive work fine in Windows? If not, then you have probably solved that issue. They don't last forever. Some last years, others months. Luck of the draw.

After downloading the ISO did you check for defects (on the menu when you boot the installer) or check the md5sum?