PDA

View Full Version : Firefox update and e10 (Electrolysis)

motang
February 3rd, 2017, 12:34 PM
As you may know Mozilla released Firefox 51 this past Tuesday. When I came home from work yesterday evening I my system had already update and Firefox 51 was ready for me to use. At work I had done an update manually (Windows 10) and went from 32bit to 64bit (finally) and noticed e10 was enabled by default. So I was enjoying the speed and multi processing that it brought. I was curious at home and when I looked I saw that it was disabled because of addons. I don't use much so I disabled all but the Ubuntu specific ones, and restarted. Still same, so I went ahead and disabled all addons, and after doing so, I had e10 enabled! Firefox is SO MUCH more faster and responsive now, it feels like a whole new browser. Thanks for reading and what I am getting at with this long post, is try disabling all your addons and see if you get e10, you can check by typing in about:support (http://imgur.com/a/IXz7s) in the URL bar.

vasa1
February 3rd, 2017, 01:38 PM
Your image has 2/2 (enabled by default). I have 1/1 (enabled by default). I wonder what's the difference. Could it be that I have extensions enabled and that all these extensions are "e10 compatible"?

Extensions
----------

Name: Application Update Service Helper
Version: 1.0
Enabled: true
ID: aushelper@mozilla.org

Name: Classic Theme Restorer
Version: 1.6.1
ID: ClassicThemeRestorer@ArisT2Noia4dev

Name: Greasemonkey
Version: 3.9
ID: {e4a8a97b-f2ed-450b-b12d-ee082ba24781}

Name: Multi-process staged rollout
Version: 1.7
ID: e10srollout@mozilla.org

Name: Pocket
Version: 1.0.5
ID: firefox@getpocket.com

Name: Stylish
Version: 2.0.7
ID: {46551EC9-40F0-4e47-8E18-8E5CF550CFB8}

Name: uBlock Origin
Version: 1.10.6
ID: uBlock0@raymondhill.net

Name: Web Compat
Version: 1.0
ID: webcompat@mozilla.org
I should mention that my Firefox is direct from Mozilla and not the one supplied by the Software Center which has Ubuntu-specific extensions.

Edit: After opening another Firefox window, I see 2/2 and 3/3 after opening a third. So the denominator refers to the number of open windows and the numerator (I had to Google for that after all these years!) refers to those that are multiprocess.

motang
February 4th, 2017, 07:59 PM
Your image has 2/2 (enabled by default). I have 1/1 (enabled by default). I wonder what's the difference. Could it be that I have extensions enabled and that all these extensions are "e10 compatible"?

I should mention that my Firefox is direct from Mozilla and not the one supplied by the Software Center which has Ubuntu-specific extensions.

Edit: After opening another Firefox window, I see 2/2 and 3/3 after opening a third. So the denominator refers to the number of open windows and the numerator (I had to Google for that after all these years!) refers to those that are multiprocess.

Was going to tell you that opening more windows will up the numbers. So how is yours direct from Mozilla? Did you download the .tar file and just launched it?

vasa1
February 5th, 2017, 01:21 AM
Was going to tell you that opening more windows will up the numbers. So how is yours direct from Mozilla? Did you download the .tar file and just launched it?
That's about it.