PDA

View Full Version : A random "Thank You" to all of you helpful people

heatopher2
February 2nd, 2017, 08:09 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you guys. I finally made the monumental transition over from Windows three or four weeks ago, and had a lot of trouble at first getting the dual boot working. But got that sorted after a couple of days, and since then everyone has been soooooooo helpful.

I know it's not a question or anything at all much, but I just assume that it can get a bit annoying or boring sometimes, replying to people who are tearing their hair out in frustration. So, yes, in anticipation of many many more questions on my part, thank you thank you thank you. There should be a Nobel prize for helpful forum support :D

And if you're new, trying to install for the first time (or maybe the nth time, as it was in my case), don't give up. It feels very good once you get it all working!

deadflowr
February 2nd, 2017, 08:53 PM
Thread moved to The Cafe.

We try
it's the best we can do

wildmanne39
February 2nd, 2017, 11:44 PM
Thank you for your post and we are glad you are here.:)

oldrocker99
February 3rd, 2017, 02:49 AM
We are happy at your gratitude. One of the very best things about Linux in general and Ubuntu in particular is the community. All of were n00bs to start out with, and I've yet to see more than a very few questions posted here that weren't answered.

Perfect Storm
February 3rd, 2017, 09:39 AM
You're welcome. ^_^
Just ask if you run into trouble.

sonicwind
February 3rd, 2017, 06:38 PM
+1 to everything heatopher2 said.

I marvel at the patience you guys show on this forum while helping others who are super frustrated. I took notice of one thread in particular last week. Outstanding job.

Other forums would lock some of these threads, but I'm happy this forum shows restraint, as I still learn from you guys even if the thread starter doesn't.

I also agree with sticking with it. I think a break may even be in order for some. I joined this forum in November or December 2015 and tried Ubuntu for about 4 months. Feeling burned out, I decided to take time off while continuing to read the forum and follow OMGUbuntu on twitter. I resumed recently and can't believe how well it is going. So much more stuff makes sense now. I'm beginning to think my next system will be free of Microsoft.

Any time I see a thread like this I feel compelled to add my thanks. Thank you.

mastablasta
February 9th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Other forums would lock some of these threads, but I'm happy this forum shows restraint, as I still learn from you guys even if the thread starter doesn't.

It's not just some basic restraint. it's following the code (Ubuntu Code of Conduct (https://www.ubuntu.com/about/about-ubuntu/conduct)) that shapes the conversation. People here try to follow The Code as best as they could.