PDA

View Full Version : Install Nvidia Opencl package

itanon
January 23rd, 2017, 09:17 PM
Hi, I need to install the Nvidia opencl icd package....The problem is when I try to perform apt-get Nvidia-opencl-icd...The installation starts but it force me to install others packages too...And between these there are even drivers package(drivers not supported from my GPU and actually not neede, since I've already installed)....
So I've found another Nvidia openCL icd package that should supports my driver(340.xx) and in fact this package is nvidia-legacy-340.xx-opencl-icd....
but again even this package force me to get(between additional packages) driver not supported (same version as before that is 352.xx and my GPU fits only the 340.xx drivers).
So, since I've already installed Nvidia driver on my system but I need Nvidia opencl, some of you can help me getting these damned open CL package without installing driver with it? Is this possible?
Thanks a lot

QIII
January 23rd, 2017, 09:44 PM
Hello!

It would be very helpful if you could attempt to install again and post the complete results returned by the terminal.

Please post the text back between
and tags. You can do this by clicking the # button in the tool bar above the text input box, placing your cursor between the code tags that appear and pasting the text.