PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] python3-uno unmet dependencies libreoffice-core

ct952
January 23rd, 2017, 04:32 PM
Hi all,
On xubuntu 16.04, I'm trying to install package 'python3-uno' using 'sudo apt-get install python3-uno', but I'm stuck with the following error:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
python3-uno : Depends: libreoffice-core (= 1:5.1.4-0ubuntu1) but 1:5.2.1~rc2-0ubuntu1~trusty0 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Any idea on how to correct this, other than installing 'uno' via python installer ('pip3 install uno'), that would introduce other dependency problems with a file called 'base.py'?

Many thanks

ian-weisser
January 23rd, 2017, 05:32 PM
python3-uno is already a dependency of LibreOffice. You should not need to install it separately.

Have you been upgrading LibreOffice from some PPA or other non-Ubuntu source? That's the most common cause of held broken packages.
If so, uninstall LibreOffice completely, disable the source, and revert to the supported Ubuntu version.

ct952
January 24th, 2017, 12:46 PM
It worked, many thanks. As ian-weisser pointed out, probable cause was some obsolete PPA when upgrading xubuntu from release 14 to 16. Reinstalling Libreoffice fixed the problem. Now python3-uno is correctly installed and I can use "import uno" in my python scripts.

Here below the steps I followed:

First, I uninstalled Libreoffice as explained here:
http://askubuntu.com/quesunotions/180403/how-to-uninstall-libreoffice

sudo apt-get remove --purge libreoffice*
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get autoremove

Then I used the "Software & Updates" tool in XUbuntu, on the "Other software" tab I removed all the obsolete PPA.

Finally, I reinstalled Libreoffice using "Ubuntu Software Center"