PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 16.04.1 installation gets stuck after network step

samuel-santacatalina
January 23rd, 2017, 03:11 PM
I'm reposting this thread from AskUbuntu forum as I didn't got much feedback from that community.

When trying to install Ubuntu 16.04.1 Desktop amd64, through the USB instaler, the installation gets stuck after network step (https://i.stack.imgur.com/hGOol.jpg), regardles of I select to connect to a specific network or not.

The installer simply doesn't go to next step (I let the installer for hours, and nothing happened), and doesn't seem to be processing anything (no icon showing progression, processement or HD activity perceived, nor any message shown), while it allows to cancel the installation starting a live Ubuntu instance (which starts pretty well).

I had Ubuntu 14 installed until now on this laptop (ASUS A53S), along with Windows 7 on dual boot with no problems, but would love to give a try to this new version of Ubuntu.

Any ideas? maybe a hint on how/where to analyse the issue?

Thanks all!

1vertex1
January 23rd, 2017, 05:21 PM
Hello,

I recently installed Ubuntu (twice today infact!) - I found sometimes the installer does not register your choices. Stupid question, but have you tried going back and then forward again to the network selection screen?

I noticed also you've tagged it on the ASUS. My unit is also an ASUS... try using 'nomodeset' in the installer script (press e to edit the code before going to 'Install Ubuntu')... if you have an nvidia GFX card, this might cause problems down the line...

Cheers,

1vertex1