PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] qbittorrent installation corrupted after upgrade to Ubuntu 16.10

mohd-abbas
January 16th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Hello all,

my qbittorrent installation got corrupted. It is present in the application search, and when I click on it, the icon even comes to the launcher and displays the starting animation, and fades away timely, but the application never launcher. Even if I purge qbittorrent, it is present in my application search and the icon even displays the starting animation when clicked, but again, it never launches. I have tried purging and installing it several times. Not only this, If I try to open a torrent file in my system, the dormant part of qbittorrent gets activated, the icon pops up on my launcher , and again fades away timely after performing the start-up animation (irrespective of whether I install qbittorrent, or purge it), but it never launches.

Can anyone provide a solution to these problems, or perhaps an explanation, especially to the second one.

I am still not able to understand how can an application get triggered after it has been purged???

Or perhaps, can anyone tell me how to completely remove qbittorent, when it is in such a messed up state???

Thanks .....

mohd-abbas
January 21st, 2017, 07:08 PM
Noticed it just today,
the exactly same thing is happening to qtADB (android-tools-adb)
:confused::rolleyes:](*,)
Really need these applications to work.......