PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Troubles after upgrade to Ubuntu 16.10

mohd-abbas
January 15th, 2017, 08:18 PM
Hello all,

I am facing two major problems after upgrading from Ubuntu 16.04 to 16.10.

First, every time an apt or dpkg command is executed, the "Error: Timeout was reached" msg is displayed just before the command is terminated. I am not sure what effect this might be causing on my system. Till now all those apt and dpkg command seem to have worked just fine.

Can anyone please provide a solution to this?

Thanks a lot.

QIII
January 15th, 2017, 08:43 PM
Hello!

Please start one thread for one problem at a time. When people try to help you with multiple issues, things quickly become confusing for you and for those who would like to help you.

Please edit your post here leaving only ONE issue and start another thread with another issue. That is in your best interest if you would like to be helped quickly.

Thanks!

mohd-abbas
January 16th, 2017, 05:59 PM
Hello!

Please start one thread for one problem at a time. When people try to help you with multiple issues, things quickly become confusing for you and for those who would like to help you.

Please edit your post here leaving only ONE issue and start another thread with another issue. That is in your best interest if you would like to be helped quickly.

Thanks!

Sure, lets limit this thread to the first problem, the apt and dpkg one.

i'll start another thread with the second one.

The reason why I mentioned two different problems in the same thread is because I thought they both are linked to the same root cause,i.e., the Ubuntu upgrade (16.04->16.10). So, there might be a single solution for those two problems.

Thanks anyway, for the instructions.