PDA

View Full Version : Sentelic touchpad

martinfclarke
December 31st, 2016, 12:54 PM
New Ubuntu upgrade... new touchpad problems.

I have a Novatech laptop with a troublesome Sentelic touchpad When I first got the laptop (Jan 2012) the touchpad worked at a basic level, but without any scrolling or multi-touch capability. This is an issue solved several years ago (not perfectly, but adequately - the pointer occasionally would go crazy, jumping all over the screen), with the fix included in Ubuntu releases. However, with the 16.10 upgrade the situation seems to have regressed back to how it was before.

Now my computer doesn't seem to recognise my touchpad. xinput list produces the generic ImExPS/2 BYD TouchPad. Perhaps this is the issue.

Any ideas how this might be resolved?

martinfclarke
January 3rd, 2017, 08:29 PM
No thoughts on this one?

martinfclarke
January 19th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Any ideas before I give up?

mörgæs
January 19th, 2017, 12:26 PM
If it is a regression then it would be interesting to compare with the daily build of 17.04 (development version), for example in a live boot.

Does this one behave better?

tomkentpayne
February 1st, 2017, 10:29 AM
Any news martinfclarke?
I've had the same issue with my Novatech laptop, and was very please a year ago when I think 15.10 and 16.04 worked fine, with multitouch/edge scroll compatibility, but now 16.10 treats it as a basic trackpad and occasionally gets very confused.