PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Reinstall ubuntu 16.04 on ubuntu

vinwin97
December 24th, 2016, 03:32 PM
I have a new Thinkpad 13 Lenovo that came with Windows 10. I then proceeded to wipe Windows 10 completely and to then with the downloaded Ubuntu 16.04 on my USB stick, I installed Ubuntu on my laptop. My laptop has been facing minor issues with 2 buzzing noises at startup and the networkmanager kinda screwed up, glitching a little. I have no important files on this laptop. I still have the USB stick with me. I also received a pop-up saying internal error occurred on 16.04 and it literally had so many issues from the gnome to some other stuff. I believe that reinstalling might do the trick. Could anyone please provide me a step-by-step instruction on how to do this?

Autodave
December 24th, 2016, 05:32 PM
Pretty much the same as you did before. Boot to the USB stick. Then, when you get to the screen giving you the option to install alongside 16.04 or wipe drive and install, pick to wipe entire drive and re-install.

mörgæs
December 25th, 2016, 07:55 AM
If you have many problems with 16.04 why do you want to reinstall this one? I recommend 16.10.

RobGoss
December 25th, 2016, 10:21 AM
It's a simple process, If you intend to use the entire disk for you Ubuntu installation just boot from the USB I'm assuming you're using one, and Install the same way you did with your first installation

when you're given the option to use the entire disk choose that option and let the installation run until it's complete