PDA

View Full Version : CPU Frequency Monitor... for Fluxbox?

Onyros
August 12th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Hi there, guys ;)

I'm running my own stripped version of what I like to call Flubuntu, which you can figure out by the name is a mix of the Fluxbox WM and Ubuntu.

Now, I'm running this setup on a laptop, which is now much cooler than when I was using Gnome - which I still love and use from time to time - but I'd really like to try a CPU frequency monitor, pretty much like gnome-cpufreq-applet (which I can't use in Fluxbox*).

Any suggestions?

* Is it possible, btw? :P

chickengirl
August 12th, 2006, 02:45 AM
conky?

IYY
August 12th, 2006, 02:49 AM
You have many options. My favorite for Fluxbox is the dock. There is a large selection of dockapps to download: clocks, memory monitors, cpu monitors, launchers, etc.

http://dockapps.org/

The one you want is called wmcpuload. I think it's in the repositories.

Other options... gDesklets, or even a small gnome-panel with the applet you mentioned above.

Onyros
August 12th, 2006, 03:03 AM
conky?
I'm actually using torsmo, so I'll give conky a try. Thanks for the suggestion, I don't even know why I keep on using torsmo anyway :P

Even so, I reckon conky won't cut it, because I want something that can display the CPU frequency in MHz, but in realtime, pretty much like gnome-cpufreq-applet does it in GNOME ;)

I'm not thinking about gkrellm either, because I just don't like it and I get exactly what I want and how I want it with torsmo (so, I will with conky as well).

Oh, and IYY, doesn't wmcpuload just show the CPU load? gDesklets and a Gnome panel are also out of the question, because I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible (as you can see by my use of torsmo hehe)

Thanks for the replies, if anyone can think of something else, I'll be more than thankful ;)

nalmeth
August 12th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Yeah dockapps or maybe gkrellm

apt-cache search dockapps

Brunellus
August 12th, 2006, 03:20 AM
gkrellm. also a whimsical dockapp called wmcube.